I didn’t know very much about this wonderful plant (and oil) before doing some research prior to adding this oil to my collection, other than its medicinal properties as a decongestant and cough suppressor. That, and it’s native to Australia.
But it has so many other uses and benefits that’s it’s hard to believe that I didn’t know about them: anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic, decongestant, deodorant, antiseptic, antibacterial, and stimulating – so many awesome things!
So what exactly can you use this oil for?
Here are 10 wonderful uses for Eucalyptus Essentia; Oil:
- Respiratory Problems: it is effective for treating cold, cough, runny nose, sore throat, asthma, nasal congestion, bronchitis and sinusitis.
- Cuts and Wounds: it has antiseptic qualities that can be used for healing wounds, ulcers, burns, cuts, and sores.
- Insect Bites and Stings: it has antiseptic qualities and is an effective salve for pestering insect bites and stings.
- Muscle pain: because it is analgesic and anti-flammatory, massaging this oil on sore muscles can relieve stress and pain. Great for treating sprained ligaments and tendons, stiff muscles, rheumatism, lumbago, nerve pain and fibrosis.
- Mental exhaustion: it creates a cooling and refreshing effect to rejuvenate your mental health. It is also used to stimulate mental activity and increase blood flow to the brain.
- Oral Hygiene: it has germicidal properties and is very successful in fighting cavities, dental plaque, gingivitis and other dental infections.
- Fever: it is used for treating fever and reducing body temperature and works well combined with peppermint oil.
- Skin: it is can be applied topically to your face to help with blemishes and skin infections.
- Air Freshener: the antiseptic and deodorant nature of the oil kills bacteria and germs in the air, sterilizing the room air and keeping the environment fresh and clean.
- Digestive Issues: the oil is a vermifuge and can fight against bacterial, microbial, and parasitic problems in the digestive system, especially the colon and intestine.
See…so many great reasons to add this oil to your cabinet and I’m very excited to try this oil out and put it to good use!
P.S. – I kid you not, I received this oil yesterday and last night my daughter was hacking up a lung all night. A little dab of eucalyptus oil and peppermint oil on her feet and chest was all it took…I got this just in the nick of time!
** As always, this article and the information presented in it are my own opinions and personal research and are not intended to be medical advice. Please consult a professional before making any medical decisions.