I have been in a cooking mood these past few weeks and it may have to do with all the fresh produce coming back into season in our local area! So I sort of stumbled across this recipe and having all the ingredients in my refrigerator, I decided to give it a try for dinner. My hubby gave it an A-, which he said is the best I’ll ever get out of him for my vegetarian cooking. I’ll take what I can get 🙂
- 3/4 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 3/4cup corn
- 15 oz black beans
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- Juice of 2-3 limes
- 4 oz crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro
- Heat olive oil in a large skiller. Add the onion and cook until soft and brown.
- Add the corn and cook for 2 minutes., then add the black beans and cook until heated through.
- Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add in the cooked quinoa, tomatoes, cumin, chili powder and lime juice.
- Stir in the feta cheese and the cilantro and season to taste with salt and fresh pepper.